Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Better Pizza Next Time


You know the old saying, "You get what you pay for?" Well, tonight I got the pizza I purchased. YUCK. I will spare you the details other than to say that I was in a hurry and the pizzeria was next to the grocery store I was heading into so I ordered a pie. Again...YUCK.

But here is a pizzeria that I love and that has history, flavor, and brick-oven on its side: Grimaldi's Coal Brick-Oven Pizzeria in Garden City. Of course Frank Sinatra used to frequent the Grimaldi's in Brooklyn (which is still there)- yes, they're related!

The pizza is so amazing that I have often eaten one half of the large pie by myself. The ingredients are fresh and ripe and you can't stop eating until the pie is completely finished. The menu does not have a tremendous amount of distracting items on it as other pizzerias have - this is true to its mission of serving excellent quality pizza.

This is where we should have gone tonight.




No comments: