Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cranky Morning Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins: Recipe

For the first time in a very long time, I went out both Friday and Saturday night with "the girls." My own "girl," my daughter, woke up cranky this morning - I believed it was a case of "missing-mommy." So after a little coaxing from my husband, I agreed to make blueberry muffins to halt the raucous sound of my daughter wining that she wanted a muffin for breakfast (we didn't have any in the house).

I happened to have had a bucket of blueberries and thought it wouldn't be too bad to make these up quickly. And I convinced my son and my daughter to help me. They were delicious and out of the 12 I made, only 4 remain.

Cinnamon-Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping

1 cup brown sugar + 1/3 cup
3 Tbls. sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour + 1/2 cup
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsps. cinnamon, separated
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbls. unsalted butter, melted + 4 Tbls. melted
1 1/2 cup blueberries

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat to 400 degrees.

Whisk 1 cup brown sugar, milk, egg, and 6 Tbls. melted butter until well blended

In a large separate bowl mix 1 1/2 cup flour, baking power, 1 tsp. cinnamon, salt. Add the sugar mixture and mix until well incorporated. Add blueberries.

Divide among 12 muffin paper cups into a muffin tin.

In a small bowl combine remaining flour, sugars and cinnamon. Pour 4 Tbls. melted butter over and with hands, mix until wet crumbs form. Sprinkle crumbs over muffins and press into batter lightly.

Bake about 25-30 minutes, until tester comes out clean from center of muffin.


No comments: