Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Raspberry and Grand Marnier Tiramisu: Recipe

Sometimes I become aware of the fact that I'm a bit nutty. I usually "discover" it at the wrong time - like talking to myself in the grocery store when someone is watching me or singing really loudly in the car when I realize the window in the back is down and I'm stuck in traffic. But when I'm traveling on a JetBlue flight and I'm hurriedly scratching notes down while watching a food channel show and the guy sitting next to me keeps looking at me like I'm a lunatic, I realize I've lost it. Naturally, I don't care.

So that said, you probably understand that I got this from one of those flights - and you'd be right! Giada...she was making it but I turned on the show while she was in mid-stream and I had to play catch-up. If you see the notes I have you'll realize that I basically recreated this since I have virtually no measurements. Regardless, I got the drift and I made this for Christmas Eve. Hurray! It was a big hit - it was thicker than a whipped cream and yet a little less sweet than you would have expected. And the hint of orange from the alcohol was an unexpected addition.

Raspberry and Grand Marnier Tiramisu
16 1/2 oz. pkg. Marscapone
2 c. whipping cream
3 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup raspberry jam
2 Tbsp. Grand Marnier + 1 Tbsp.
2 pkg. lady fingers
16 oz. fresh raspberries

Make whipped cream: in a large mixer, whip the whipping cream on high with the confectioners sugar and the vanilla until it forms whipped cream - about 3 - 4 minutes. Set aside.

With a large fork or a whip, mix the marscapone with the whipped cream until smooth. Do not over whip. In a separate bowl, mix the raspberry jam with 2 Tbsp. Grand Marnier.

Layer the bottom and sides of a trifle bowl with lady fingers and spread the raspberry sauce over. Next spread on the marscapone mixture. Add a layer of raspberries next. Cover with more lady fingers and repeat. Finish with raspberries. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.




No comments: