Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pear Puree By Any Other Name: Recipe

Since I am able to cook and bake for my family, I thought, "why shouldn't I make some food for my four month old?"  She is part of the family, too. I can certainly purchase food - but I since I'm able to create some quick dishes for her, easily, it doesn't seem to make sense to buy the same items in the store and then house it in the cabinet. Don't get me wrong - I'm not opposed to the store brands and I've used them plenty...but this seemed like fun and certainly very - and I mean VERY easy to do! I did this with both of my older two kids and mostly because the thought of feeding them the meat that came in the jars made me want to vomit. I bought these cute little 2 oz. jars and they even have a carrying tray so each one fits into the tray snugly and compactly in the fridge. It's the perfect amount for a little person to eat.

She really liked this - but then again, what's not to love? The pear was merely made puree-able...so what can you do with this? Well, if you're ever in need of a soft-food diet, this is a good option.  If you'd like to add this to the dinner table instead of apple sauce for something like a pork chop, you certainly could. See? Who would have thought that a simply baby food inspired meal could be something you could get use out of?

Puree of Pear
makes about 1 1/2 cups

2 medium-large pears, peeled and sliced

In a medium pot, pour 1/2 cup of water. Place pear in a steamer basket (or in my case, I used a mesh strainer with a lip and a handle so I was able to rest the strainer on the pot) over the water - but not touching it. Cover tightly and raise heat to high - let cook about 5-7 minutes, depending on the thickness of your slices and the ripeness of the pear.

When finished, place the cooked pear into the food processor with a tablespoon of the cooking water and puree until finely textured.

1 comment:

Linda said...


This passage is meaningful and people can learn a lot of information.

http://www.oil-press-machine.com/product/oil_press/edible_oil_production_line.html