Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It's Tuesday Night - Bring on the Tacos!: Food Musings


It's spring and it's Tuesday which means that it's softball night in our house - which really means: look out between 5:00 and 6:00 p.m. because there is craziness and food flying all around! Tonight is night two of our International Flavors week and we're on to Taco Tuesday!  I didn't invent anything here - except for the salsa, which I didn't realize I was out of until about 5 minutes before I wanted to use it so I was forced to make a new batch (can't have tacos without salsa!). Thank goodness I stock the makings of my fresh salsa on a weekly basis and can usually create what I need pretty quickly.

The kids - all three of them - love Taco night.  What's not to like? There's meat, cheese, black beans and crunchy tacos and it's okay with Mom when all the food comes crumbling out.

We're making food fun in our house - hope you are, too.  Enjoy.  And here's the recipe for my best salsa ever...Best-Ever Salsa

No comments: