Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Left-Over Pizza: Food Musings

Getting ready to start the week with new groceries made me clean out the fridge, naturally. I had some left over steak from two nights ago, pork from three or four days ago and ribs from last night. There was about a half a cup of left over broccoli and tons of fresh tomatoes. So what's a mom to do to feed everyone? I made a sauce by frying the left over meat, not including the ribs.

I used the sauce to make a pizza for the kids - and topped it with broccoli florets. 

For the "adult" pizza, arugula served as the base and added a concentric circle of fresh tomato on top. Then I sprinkled the mozzarella cheese on top and topped it off with the left over rib meat that I shredded. I baked both pizzas according to the directions on the package and served the remaining sauce with a bowl of rotini! Excellent dinner - and a really easy way to use up with's in the fridge.

No comments: