Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

Yogurt-Spiced Chicken: Recipe


I am always interested in trying out new flavors on my family and when it's a win, I am a very happy Mom-Cook. 

Tonight's dinner was really easy, as I started it last night. I filled out the meal with store-bought Naan that I brushed with fresh rosemary and olive oil immediately out of the oven, as well as couscous, fresh tomatoes from my garden simply chopped and drizzled with olive oil and cilantro and a quickly made cucumber salad with red onion and mint. I made a package of chicken - a pound - and there was nothing left at the end of the meal.

Yogurt-Spiced Chicken

1 lb. chicken thighs
4 oz. Plain, nonfat, yogurt
4 garlic gloves, minced
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper 
1/2 cup fresh parsley 

Chop parsley, pepper, cumin, paprika and garlic in a good processor and mix chopped ingredients into yogurt until well mixed. Place thighs in large plastic baggie and pour yogurt over. Seal bag, be sure to remove air from the bag, shake and coat all chicken pieces. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.

Prepare the grill for direct heat. Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes - roughly 7 1/2 - 8 min per side. 




No comments: