Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sweets:Recipe


Meeting after meeting today I found myself being attacked by sweets - cookies, brownies, more cookies. And something about the heat made it near impossible to stay virtuous each time. So here I am with sweets on the brain! This recipe has been in my family since I'm a little girl - now that's a long, long, time! It comes from my grandmother and my mother, my aunt, and I all make them often. I think my sisters, do, too. But here's your chance for the most delicious non-chocolate brownies.

Grandma's Caramel Squares

1 stick unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 cups, all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
(optional: 1 cup nuts - I never use them!)

Preheat oven to 325 and grease and flour a 9"x12" square pan.

Melt butter in a medium saucepan and add sugar once butter is melted (medium heat). In large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together and whisk in the sugar mixture. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into sugar mixture and spread batter into the pan.

Bake about 20-25 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool completely in pan then cut into squares and remove. Dust with confectioner's sugar.



No comments: