Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

Lemon Shrimp and Angel Hair: Recipe


Always a proponent of good food made fast, there seem to be an infinite number of excellent choices...

In an effort to explain how obsessed I am with food, I can tell you that I've been thinking about "what to make for dinner" all day. It's occupied most of my non-work related thoughts (like the drive to work, the drive home to work, the walk to the car on my way to lunch, etc. You get the point). I thought that I wanted to make something light but I didn't want to make something that took a long time. In these instances, fish often comes to mind as it's so quick to prepare and feels light but with heft (meaning you walk away feeling full but not sick to your stomach as though you've eaten way too much).

To be honest, the food revelation doesn't always come until I walk into the grocery store and look around, smell the scents and imagine. So after the gym, I ran into the market and made a bee-line for the fish monger. Cleaned jumbo shrimp? Perfect! Grabbed some parsley and two tomatoes and away I went. Just like that - less than 8 minutes in the store.

Lemon Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta
1 pkg. Angel Hair
1 Lb. Jumbo Shrimp, cleaned with tails on
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 cup parsley, minced
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 small zucchini, sliced
2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup really good olive oil
2 Tbsp. Lemon Olive Oil
Salt/pepper

Cook pasta according to directions.

Meanwhile, warm 1/4 cup of olive oil in large saute pan over medium/high heat. Place shrimp in the pan and saute about 2 minutes before turning to saute another 2-3 minutes or until pinkish/red and no longer opaque. Remove shrimp from pan and set on a plate. Add zucchini to the pan and saute about 5 minutes over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and any juices back into the pan and add garlic, tomatoes and lemon juice. Scrape up any browned bits and saute about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper and parsley.

Pour sauce over pasta into a large serving dish and top with lemon oil. Mix thoroughly but gently into pasta. Serve.



No comments: