Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Resurrecting Recipes: Recipe


I know I've done this one before...but sometimes food is about being nourished more so than it is about being entertained or titillated. Today was one of those days where I needed to feed my hungry family well but quickly so I reached into the brain for something I knew would please. I went back to work today after 5 days off and returned to tons of paper and "to-do" lists piled high on my desk. So by the time I left the office it was too late to do anything truly "fancy." Well no worries, right? A couple of steaks, a grill, some fresh herbs and butter, lots of salt and voila...dinner.

Really there is nothing more satisfying than a well seasoned steak that's been properly cooked. How can you resist the savory flavor of salt and rosemary coupled with rich butter? A perfectly seared steak that has been resting at room temperature beforehand with the right amount of salt on it becomes magically transformed into near perfection.

Grilled Rib Steaks with Salt and Rosemary Butter
3 lbs. boneless rib club steaks (about 4 large)
1/4 cup Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temp.
2 med. sprigs of fresh rosemary

Remove steaks from refrigerator and place on a platter. Heavily sprinkle salt on all 4 steaks on each side and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, remove rosemary leaves from stem and chop finely. Mix with butter and let sit at room temperature.

Grill steaks about 4 minutes per side and when each steak comes off the grill, place a spoonful of butter on each hot steak. Serve


No comments: