Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2008

White Bean Puree: Recipe


I'm certain it was a joke but I was taken aback when my mother asked if these were "Ritz Crackers and Cheese Whiz" as she was about to take a bite. Huh? I'm not sure I've ever actually eaten Cheese Whiz though I love, love, love, Ritz Crackers (who doesn't??).

These were very good - the puree was thick and creamy with lemony flavor and just a hint of truffle oil (not something you can use with a heavy hand).

White Bean Puree with Truffle Oil and Dill
15 oz can Cannelloni Beans, rinsed and drained
2 garlic gloves
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup very good olive oil
3 Tbsp. Lemon Oil
1 tsp. White Truffle oil
2 Tbsp. fresh dill, washed and separated for garnish
crackers - like Classic Melba Toast

In a food processor combine garlic and beans together. Then add in the olive oil and puree until smooth. Then add in the lemon oil and continue to puree until thick and creamy. Finally, add in the truffle oil and the cheese and puree quickly until fully incorporated. Spread onto toast and top with dill.


No comments: