Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2009

Quick Supper: Recipe


Tonight was one of those unfortunate evenings when you must pay your respects upon the death of a loved one. A colleague's mother passed and I came home after work to feed my family (and, perhaps, my own soul with my family's love and affection) before heading out to share my condolences with another.

That said, this meal was quick, given the time constraints, (it took 20 minutes!) but still it was filled with tasty ingredients. To be fair, my kids played with the angel hair more than they ate it so I would say penne or bow-tie pasta might pair better if you're feeding children! I almost lost my temper when I saw my son putting strands of pasta over his Thomas The Train at the table and my daughter wrapping a Polly Pocket's neck like jewelery! Instead, I just laughed and swiped the toys until their plates were cleaned.

Pasta with Chicken and Feta Sausage
1 Lb. package of chicken/feta sausage links, sliced into 1" slices and halved
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 plum tomatoes
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 diced red onion
1/2 cup frozen spinach, cooked and drained according to package directions
1 cup white wine
1/4 cup grated pecorino-Romano cheese
1 lb. angel hair pasta

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook about 5 minutes, stirring often. Next add the onion and the olives and saute another 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the spinach and saute another minute before adding the wine and bringing the mixture to a boil. Stir and reduce heat.

Drain pasta and pour the mixture over it. Add the cheese and stir well.


No comments: