Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Baked Clam Dip: Recipe


The first time I had this dish I was about 17 - the mom of a guy I was dating made this baked clam dip and it was really simple and very good. I copied down the recipe and made it every once in a while. Years later, for my bridal shower, I received recipes from friends and family on beautiful cards. Of course, I received a great update to the Clam Dip so naturally I combined the best of the two and now I make it all the time!

This is always a big hit - it's super simple and gets great feedback. This time I made it the day before and brought it to room temp before I put it into the fridge and then, again, brought it to room temp before putting it in the oven the next day.

Baked Clam Dip
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
3 -4 shakes of Tabasco Sauce
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 small cans minced clams, drained and liquid reserved
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
4 oz. shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large saute pan, melt the butter and once it's foamy, add the onion, pepper and parsley. Saute until soft, about 10 minutes. Add in the Tabasco and the oregano and stir well. Add in the drained clams and stir about 2 minutes. Next add in the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and the reserved clam juice. Mix well - it will start to thicken. Once it becomes slightly dry, add in the lemon and mix well again.

Pour into a pie plate and top with shredded cheese. Bake about 15-20 minutes or until top begins to brown slightly and cheese is bubbly.


1 comment:

Vincent said...

Thanks! This recipe was amazing!!! I added jalapenos and it was phenomenal :)