Search This Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grillin' in the Heat: Recipe


You would think that grilling outside would ensure fewer dishes in the sink, right? Well, conventional wisdom would confirm that thought...but not in my house (surprised?). No, instead I generated tons of dishes - and that's with the paper plates (cringe!) I used for dinner. Oh well, I say. Life is good as long as we all enjoyed our meal and my husband can clean up - remember, I do not own a dishwasher (I KNOW!).

Andouille Sausage Burgers with Basil and Mustard
1 lb. ground round
1/2 pkg. Lipton Onion soup mix
2 tsp. A1 Steak-Sauce
1 Tbsp. BBQ Sauce
1 tsp. Gravy Master mix
1 link of andouille sausage from a 12 oz. pgk., finely chopped
1 hard boiled egg, chopped
salt and pepper

6 hamburger rolls
1/4 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
Dijon Mustard
12 fresh basil leaves, washed

In a large bowl, combine top 8 ingredients well. Form mixture into 6 patties, flattened. Grill until done - about 6 minutes over high heat. Place each burger on a bun and top with cheese, basil and mustard


No comments: