Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Holiday Time: Food Musings

Ahhh, tonight we spring-ahead the clocks - a tell-tale sign that spring is upon us. With the promise of spring comes Passover and Easter.

I find the best way to host a dinner with a calm outlook is to prepare. I plan my menu, ensure I am able to cook everything in the oven at the times I need to, draft a shopping list as well as a 'to-do' list and I even plan out the serving platters I plan to use for each dish. So then, I offer you the following few items purely as inspiration for your holiday dinner table -

Feel free to check out all the recipes on Meredith's Food for Life for continued inspiration!

Ideas for Easter
Starters -
Lasagna Roll-Ups (can be made and frozen ahead of time)
Deconstructed Greek Salad

Main Course -
Drunken Lamb
Pecan Crusted Rack of Lamb
Pesto Crusted Rack of Lamb with Mango

Desserts -
Devil's Food Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
Coconut Raspberry Cake with Almonds
Raspberry and Grand Mariner Tiramisu


Ideas for Passover -
Almond and Chocolate Cupcakes
Roman-Jewish Fried Artichokes
Cherry Tomato Salad with Lemon Poppy Dressing

No comments: