Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Sunday: Menu

I know that Easter and Christmas are religious holidays but for me there is nothing better than preparing a festive meal - for the mere sake of actually eating it with friends and family you love. You know I'd say that (and have said it) about Passover or Yom Kippur, as well, don't you?


Truth be told, this year has been a tough one for our family and this holiday has sort of crept up on me. Realizing I needed to prepare and plan, I set the menu while waiting for my daughter to finish her dance class. Once home, I tweaked it a bit and the finishing touches won't actually be complete until Sunday, of course. I tried to pit fancy against tried and true so that I could ensure an "easy" time of it. So here is the plan.

* A note about the lamb: I'm making this one up as I go along so I'll be sure to give a full report on the other side of Sunday. For now, I can tell you I've put a great deal of thought into this dish and I am super excited about it, thus far.


A Very-Spring Easter Sunday Menu

Hors D'Ouevres
* Clam Dip http://meredithsfoodforlife.blogspot.com/2009/04/baked-clam-dip-recipe.html
* Assorted Cheeses, Crackers and Fruit
* Kir Royale

First Course
* Fresh Mozzarella, Sliced Tomato and Fresh Basil with Olive Tapenade Olive Tapenade
* Shrimp Cocktail
* Proscuitto wrapped Melon Melon Wrapped with Proscuitto
* Stuffed, Baked, Zucchini Boats

Second Course
Penne alla Vodka http://meredithsfoodforlife.blogspot.com/2008/12/sauces-recipe.html

Salad Course
Field Greens with Red Pear, Walnuts and Gorgonzola with Lime Vinaigrette

Main Course
* Drunken-Roast Lamb Stuffed with Sundried Tomato, Spinach and Feta Cheese Drunken Roast Lamb
* Salad of Cold Petite Peas and Roasted Pepper Cold Peas
* Yukon Gold and Yam Mashed Potatoes
* Sweet Sautéed Carrots with Honey and Thyme Sweet Carrots

Dessert
* Assorted Fruit
* Giant Easter Basket
* Old Fashioned Coconut Cake Coconut Cake
* Red Velvet Cake Red Velvet Cake
* Ice Cream
* Pastry



No comments: